January 2, 2013

Season 18 Housekeeping

Here is some admin stuff to get out of the way.

- No MILB MWR violations. Nice job all.

- There were two MLB MWR violations this season: Detroit and Jacksonville both failed to meet the two season 120 win mark. In both cases, the VC voted to put the teams on probation. They will still be required to meet the three season of 185 or face dismissal. That means that Detroit will need to hit 64 wins next season and Jacksonville will need 67.

- Next season win totals: mmeier (who took over in Los Angeles) will not have this season counted toward his multi-season MWR. Next season his MWR number will be 55. St. Louis' two season total is at 128, which means that next season, the MWR number for the Redbirds will be 57. Other than St. Louis, Detroit and Jacksonville everyone else's win total is high enough from the past two seasons to only be required to hit 55 wins next season.

- So far, I have two confirmed openings for next season (Jackson and Monterrey) and two maybes who I haven't heard back from yet (Jacksonville and Kansas City). I have already started recruiting, and I think I have one already. By the time you all read this, there should be a classified post up. Go out there and bump our post and recruit in your other leagues. I'm confident that we'll be able to roll and fill in less than 24 hours for the fifth straight season!

- With jcairn's departure, we need a new VC member. Please TC me your nominees and we'll have a vote in the early offseason of Season 19.

- Lastly, the winner of our Season 18 WIS $20 Gift Card drawing is..... (drum roll)..... Leklinner! Congrats Lek! Keep an eye on your SM after we roll over.

Commish's Thoughts: Just a reflection on the win totals and some of the playoff results we've seen this season. When I got to this league, it was really, really top heavy. I think its gotten much more competitive. I think it will continue to do so, and look forward to more and more teams getting into even tighter races to get into the playoffs. SP keeps getting better every season. Keep up the quality work.

-'Goose'