Gentlemen! First of all, props to everyone... I had 25 of 31 owners TC me their HoF input. That means this season's Voter's Guide was truly constructed with the entire league's collective effort.
Secondly, I'm sure you all noticed when decided who your initial votes would be, that there are ALOT of candidates that have solid arguments for HoF induction. That's great for debate, but bad for actually getting guys into the Hall, as they will take votes away from each other. This will lead to a log jam of guys not getting in and is a bit of a vicious cycle. For example, in the 25 TCs I received, TWENTY different players received at least on vote. And by the TCs I received, this season's HoF class would have only one member. And only one other player would be even close to induction. But TEN different players received 5 or more votes. You can see the problem of the votes getting spread too thin.
This is why I wanted to do a league wide voting guide (after feedback during last season's voting) rather than just the VC recs.
This is how I'd like (and I hope) all the league members will participate in this process to ensure that everyone gets input, and also we don't het a log jam of players never getting into the HoF....
I'd like everyone to use their first THREE votes and vote along the SPL Voting guide (this means voting for #1, #2 and #3 on the Voting Guide), and use your last TWO votes (assuming you want to use all FIVE) however you'd like. I do ask though, that if you're deciding between two players with those last two, and you think both are pretty even, that you also use the SPL Voting guide as a tie breaker. (I.E. "I only have one vote left, and I can't decide between Teddy Shortstop and William Hotcorner. Both are HoF worthy. But Teddy is listed as 5th in the SPL Voting Guide and Wiliiam isn't on it at all. So I'm gonna vote for Teddy"... I hope this skit was helpful!)
And lastly, if you're one of those guys who just doesn't give a rat's *** about the HoF, that's cool. I just ask that you spend a minute and vote along the lines laid out in the SPL Voting Guide.
Thanks to all for your participation! I think this will work out really well. And without further delay, here is the Voting Guide... (yes, it is in order of most votes received)
1- LF/1B- Orber Martin
2- RF/LF- Jung-Lee Martin
3- CF- Butch Ramirez
4- SP- Harold Paquette
5- DH/C- Jim Andrews